Saturday, November 14, 2009

Narrative Show & Tell: Stephen King's On Writing

Sadly, this book cover doesn't fit in with my blog's theme. But, the content is just too good to miss. Stephen King writes about writing, what could be better? I'm not really a die-hard Stephen King fan, but I know the man can write.

It's sort of like an autobiography about how he got into writing, and what he does to keep the flow going. My favorite part is when he discusses the word "said." He says in narrative, it's always better to just use the simple word "said" after any dialogue instead of a crazy verb. He gave an example of the difference between the two, and my is it magical. I have taken a lot from this book and it is definitely one you should at least browse if you are interested in writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment